Ever since creating the Antik Zeytin Hotel, we have dreamed of incorporating an art project. And going into the 2012 summer season, we realized that dream with the opening of Artroom.
Nilgün Sim Süldür and Ümit Süldür, the founders of Artroom, share the inspiration of this unique new art space with guests from Turkey and other countries.
ARTROOM embraces a diversity of aims, among them:
- To introduce guests, and more particularly overseas guests, to Turkish art, artists and their work through exhibitions;
- To help Turkish artists gain recognition overseas by arranging the exhibition of their work in different countries;
- To support emerging young talent;
- To invite artists from different countries to the hotel to show their work;
- To build new art collections alongside those of work from the Byzantine, Ottoman and Republic periods;
- To offer advice in the field of art and space.
ARTROOM houses a selection of original work by talented artists and designers in a range of artistic disciplines, including painting, textiles, ceramics, photography and calligraphy. Visiting guests are able to share knowledge and experience while viewing the work in an informal, conversational setting.